[THIN] Re: Spam:Best Book for Presentation Server 3.0

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 16:19:32 -0500

> We will be implementing the newest version of Citrix
> Presentation Server on a Windows 2000 box later this summer
> so I am looking for recommendations on the best book to get
> to use as a guide and resource.  I worked with Metaframe 1.8
> in the past but it has been a while so I could use a good review.

Searching at Amazon, there are no MPS 3.0 books. The farthest they get
is Metaframe XP. Since I haven't worked with MPS 3.0 yet I don't know
how similar it is to MFXP. Maybe the XP books would still be applicable,
but I do know that Citrix licensing in MPS is based on FlexLM and can be
shared across farms, so there is one major difference.

(PS: Have you considered going to Windows 2003 for your TS server? I've
heard it's much nicer for TS/Citrix users, if the changes they made for
TS CAL licensing don't break your budget...)
http://www.go-eol.com