[THIN] Re: Sort of OT - Excel 2003 locks up on MHT (web archive) files

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:50:03 -0400

I am reposting this issue as I am still dealing with this scenario.
I recently rebuilt a Citrix server in the farm and low and behold it
can open MHT files without issue using  Excel 2003 (same patch level
too). It is from the same base image as others that do have the issue
though.  The working server is in the same OU and uses the same GPO's.
 Why it works and the others don't I can't seem to find the
difference.

This is the scenario on other servers.

1. Open myfile.mht with IE 6 by double clicking, opens file without
issue (though the dates in the file are incorrectly formatted show an
integer instead of a date)
2. Launch MS Excel 2003 SP3, File, Open, Change files of type to "All
Web Pages", open myfile.mht
3. Excel just hangs (EXCEL.EXE is still running but doesn't respond)

NEW! Follow Thin List on Twitter!
http://twitter.com/thinlist
http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
HOT! Thinlist MOBILE Feed!