[THIN] Solved: Can no longer install apps remotely -solved

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 08:07:18 -0700

I'll answer all the responses in this one email

Yes, I can not install anything remotely.  Doesn't matter the format (exe,
msi, etc).
Both RDP and ICA are affected
Policies are not preventing me from installing.

The answser is.....

I use Simplify Printing.  I am also in the midst of building and rebuilding
our new MPS farm.  I was rebuilding so much that I got tired of
re-activating Simplified Printing and just ran it demo mode.  Well, the
demo expired.  When I removed it, the problem wet away.  Removed it from
the other 5 servers, problem went away on them too.  Seems that when SP
demo expires, it prevents you from installing apps.

adam

|         |           "Tim Mangan"     |
|         |           <tmangan@tmurgent|
|         |           .com>            |
|         |           thin-bounce@freel|
|         |           ists.org         |
|         |           05/12/2005 04:31 |
|         |           thin             |

  |       To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [THIN] Re: Can no longer install apps remotely

All apps or are you having problems with one particular app?

There are some apps that have to be installed from the console - or at
least
the console session.  For example, apps that install an MSDE instance.
Guess who you can blame for that one!  You probably know this, but it's
never a bad idea to remind others.

tim