[THIN] Software Restriction Policies

  • From: "Jay Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:09:11 -0400

We are in the process of setting up some Win2k3 Metaframe servers in a NT
4.0 domain.  In order to simplify the setup of these servers, I am wondering
if there is any way that the SRP settings (specifically, the Additional
Rules) can be copied from on server to another?  The SRP settings do not
appear to be captured when I export the security settings policy, and
exporting the rule list does me no good because there is no mechanism (that
I can see) to import it.  I tried copying registry.pol from another server,
but I got some strange results and I'm not sure I would be comfortable doing
that on production servers anyway.

Thanks,
Jay Moock

Starting at $199!