[THIN] Re: Softricity

  • From: "Charles Watts" <greg.watts@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 21:10:59 -0500

Well Said! We now have choices!

________________________________

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Tim Mangan
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:54 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Softricity

I tried, but I can't stay out of this subject.  Predictions:

1) Longhorn will not make citrix irrelevant.

2) There will be customers that choose native terminal services over
citrix because longhorn is "good enough" considering $$

3) Citrix will not make Softricity irrelevant.

4) There will be customers that choose AIE and whatever citrix renames
"Tarpon" into over softricity, because it is "good enough".

5) Most customers that have a specific need will choose the best
solution.  Softricity always will do app virtualization better than
citrix, citrix will always do remote users better than microsoft.

6) Best of all, you don't really have to choose.  You can still run
softgrid using citrix on microsoft terminal servers.  Even if they
publicly feud.

tim