[THIN] Re: Softgrid performance tips

  • From: Charles Watts <gregwatts77@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 01:46:09 +0000

Is the performance of the application effected or are you just concerned with
the speed of the launch of the application? Did you sequence the app using VFS
or MNT? Typically we see a delay when we sequence the app using VFS as apposed
to sequencing it directly into the virtual drive (ours is Q). Where is your
user data? Is it redirected?.  Typically its in %appdata%. Redirect to home
drive and test again.

Subject: [THIN] Softgrid performance tipsDate: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 15:46:58
-0400From: Frank.Monroe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anyone have any Softgrid performance tips?  I am currently testing Softgrid and
while I admit it has potential, I am seeing a 3-5 second delay when launching
simple applications such Acrobat Reader.  This occurs even after the
application is loaded fully in the cache.
Thanks in advance.