[THIN] Smooth Roaming - FAIL!

  • From: "James Scanlon" <James.Scanlon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 09:23:11 -0000

Hello List Legends!

1) If I have an active session on a HP terminal and then log onto
another terminal, sometimes (not always) the session doesn't roam and a
new session is loaded. (possibly doesn't roam correctly from single
monitor to dual or something) resulting in the end user losing work, or
manual intervention to log off new session, place old into disconnected
state, get them to log in again
2) if I have a session that is in a disconnected state I always connects
regardless of terminal used.

We are using the desktop receiver on HP Terminals that launch the first
users desktop (configured via Web interface)
We use PNAgent under the desktop session to dynamically list apps in the
start menu and connect to siloed Application servers

XenApp 5.0 FR3
Windows 2008 SP2
Web Interface 5.3

Any suggestions of where to look would be greatly appreciated! We have
of course tried all the default Web interface configs to ensure
workspace control IS enabled etc...?!?!

JAMES

______________________________________

C. Hoare & Co. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
with registration no. 122093.  The FSA’s address is 25, The North Colonnade,
Canary Wharf, London E14 5HS.
Registered in England no. 240822.  Registered office 37 Fleet St, London, EC4P
4DQ

Confidentiality Disclaimer:
This message and attachments are confidential and may be privileged, and are
sent for the personal attention of the addressee(s).  If you are not the
intended addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is
unauthorised. Information transmitted by email may be intercepted, lost,
destroyed, corrupted or delayed and as a result, C. Hoare & Co. do not accept
responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message. If
you would like to confirm the contents of this email, please request a hard
copy version.

If the contents of this message are of a personal nature, the email will have
been sent in a personal capacity and not on behalf of C. Hoare & Co.

Monitoring/Viruses:
C. Hoare & Co. may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with
current legislation. Although emails are screened for viruses, C. Hoare & Co.
cannot guarantee that any transmissions will be virus free.