[THIN] Re: Slow enumeration of files on network share

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 09:06:01 +0000

Not sure if its relevant, but you could try removing the following key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Remo=
teComputer\NameSpace\{D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}]

but that generally fixes problems with finding the shares in the first plac=
e.. (Win2k/XP looks for a scheduled tasks folder, which isnt there on NT/9x=
/samba, so pauses enumerating the shared folders.. above regfix stops it lo=
oking for it)

But looking at that KB article, that does sound like it could be your probl=
em! Might also be the fix for what we're getting on one of our 2k machines,=
 but not the others, oddly enough..

Andrew
--o--