[THIN] Re: Slow Logon - Applying Personal Settings

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 07:29:59 +1000

Hi Shane,

You're right, the only interesting bit is right at the end where there
is a 20 second gap in the timestamps before completion. Everything else
is fine.

So what you're looking at is a 20 second timeout while group policy
processing is completing.

If you had Win2k3 Sp1 the solution would be easy, as is I'd have to ask
what win2k hotfixes have been applied recently?

Nothing's changed in DNS?

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack