[THIN] Re: Slightly OT: SQL Redundancy

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:20:39 -0400

If one of your failover situations requires restoring from backup, then
that's not a very high level of redundancy.  I wouldn't consider it to
be high availability, and only "half" of failover.

Drives are going to be the most common thing to fail in a heavy use
server.  The processor, power supplies, and mainboard doesn't get the
type of mechanical abuse HDD's do.