[THIN] Re: Sizing NFuse server

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:13:40 -0700 (PDT)

I'm currently running 4 DL380 G3's and using a Foundry
Switch to load balance the IPs

2 boxes with CSG
2 boxes with NFUSE

The VIP is the SSL Cert address.  Each CSG and each
NFUSE share a SSL Cert.

-MURPHY

--- Gene.I.Herman@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> We are going to do a similar rollout - using
> DL-360G2  1.25 GB and mirrored
> 18 gb drives. The 1U servers are being used for
> Nfuse, STA and CSG - in
> effect using 6U for 6 boxes
>
> Gene Herman
> Systems Engineer
> Healthnet of the North East
> (203) 381-6567
>

>                       "Jensen, Jay"
>

>                       <jjensen@xxxxxxxx        To:
>     "Thin Client E-mail Group (E-mail)"
>
>                       m>
> <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>                       Sent by:                 cc:
>

>                       thin-bounce@freel
> Subject:  [THIN] Sizing NFuse server
>
>                       ists.org
>

>                       04/11/2003 01:51
>

>                       PM
>

>                       Please respond to
>

>                       thin

> We are doing a round robin between two NFuse servers
> behind BIG-IP.  We
> will
> be loading Windows 2000 IIS 5.0 on these servers and
> running only the NFuse
> Web pages.  I feel we will have two servers behind
> BIG-IP giving us a
> virtual look of one site.  I feel two NFuse servers
> will be adequate but I
> am not sure how to size them.  I feel that I don't
> need much power because
> the user only uses the IIS servers to authenticate
> and once the Published
> Application is executed the IIS server is no longer
> in the mix.  Here is
> what I feel I need.
>
>                          *
> PE1650, Pentium III-T, 1.4
> Ghz, 512K Cache,
> Single Processor
>                          *           1 GB RAM Memory
>                          *           36 GB Hard
> drive, Raid 1 (2nd 36 GB
> Hard Drive)
>                          *           1.44MB Floppy
> and 24X IDE Internal
> CD-ROM drive
>                          *           Type 2 contract
> - 4-Hour 7x24 contract
>
> Does this sound reasonable?  If not, what should I
> change?
>
> Thank You.
> Jay

> This Week's Sponsor - ThinPrint
> Simply the best print solution for
> Microsoft Terminal Services
> and Citrix Metaframe.
> http://www.thinprint.com/

> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm
>

> -- No attachments (even text) are allowed --
> -- Type: text/plain

> This Week's Sponsor - ThinPrint
> Simply the best print solution for
> Microsoft Terminal Services
> and Citrix Metaframe.
> http://www.thinprint.com/

> http://thethin.net/citrixlist.cfm

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."