[THIN] Single Application in Windowed mode w/ V10 Client

  • From: "Jason Patten" <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:27:27 -0400

We currently Publish ADP Timesaver NG. Since we upgraded from version 2.1 to
Version 2.3, There is one section in the application (Business Forecaster)
where a lot of our customers can No longer enter anything into the fields,
neither the Numeric keypad, and the regular number keys allow them to enter
any information. If I shadow them then during the shadow session, they are
able to enter, as am I.  Once I end the shadow the entry stops working.
This appears to be the case with Version 8,9,10 clients.  After testing, we
discovered that this behavior only occurs when the app is running in
Seamless mode.  If I switch it to Windowed mode the problem goes away.  I
tested this by sending selected users Custom ICA files with Windowed mode
specified.
Now, I found on the Citrix site how to force a paticular app into Windowed
mode, while not affecting th rest of the published applications.  THe issue
I have is that whenever I have a user with Version 10 of th client, they get
a message that the ICA file is corrupt because of Duplicate entries.

I need a way to force a single app into Windowed mode, AND work with Version
10 clients.  This seems to occur on both our MFXP farm and our PS4 farm.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?  I have been scouring the citrix
knowledgebase and haven't found anything yet. I'm hoping that someone here
has a good idea.

Jason