[THIN] Re: Simulated Load Utility

  • From: "Timothy R. Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 11:03:15 -0500

Add to the "cheaper" ones for the list.

CTSK - free from Citrix but tough for most people to figure out how to
script their own apps.

DeNamic - very good at automating the user accounts and running the scripts,
I think free for < 500 users.

ThinGenius - This is one I really wanted to test this winter, but have not
found the time.  It's new and has some nice GUI/Reporting that I liked in
the demo.

I also have a "perceived performance tooklit" at www.tmurgent.com that works
for some people that want to run a few heavy apps.  It is free for
enterprises to use.

A tool like "AutoIT" (I think it's www.autoit.de ) can be used to automate a
program like office/actobat by capturing usage for playback as part of your
scripting.