[THIN] Re: Silverlight 5 on XenApp 5.0 windows 2003

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 01:18:23 +0800

Yep, it's very simple.

Get the latest version of Silverlight from:
http://www.microsoft.com/silverlight/resources/install.aspx

You can silently install it using /q

Verify your Silverlight installation at:
http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/default.aspx

Push out the following registry changes for users.

--------------------------------

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight]

;Disable the popup message and activate Silverlight.

"Activated"=dword:00000001

"PopUpAllowed"=dword:00000000

;Disable automatic updates.

"UpdateMode"=dword:00000002

-------------------------------

I've never seen a permissions issue with Silverlight.

Cheers,

Jeremy.

From: <Holley>, Mark <Holley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 11:38 AM
To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Silverlight 5 on XenApp 5.0 windows 2003

We finally have a Silverlight 5 application that I can publish in my farm.
I was hoping someone in the list could point me in the right direction and
answer a few questions.

The App is provided by a web page and upon opening it asks if you want to
run the "web" version or the "local install".  Can I assume that this
software runs like the Adobe Flash component. whereas I install it on the
server and then let the user run the web page?

I ask because I tried it and I seem to have run into a permissions issue.
Does anyone out there know what permissions I need change to get silverlight
to work?

I will dig the permissions out but I was hoping for some feedback to make it
run quicker.

Publishing the web page works fine however it just isn't as slick looking.

Thanks,

Mark Holley

Systems Architect

City of Jacksonville

Holley@xxxxxxx

  _____

Connect with Mayor Brown and the City of Jacksonville!

 <http://www.facebook.com/cityofjacksonville> Facebook
<https://twitter.com/#!/cityofjax> Twitter
<http://www.youtube.com/user/CityofJax?feature=mhee> YouTube
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/34206377@N08/sets/> Flickr
<http://www.coj.net/Mayor/blog.aspx> Blog

For general information, contact 630-CITY (2489) <http://630city.coj.net/> .

View our calendar <http://www.coj.net/All-of-COJ/Upcoming-Events.aspx> ,
sign up for newsletters
<http://www.coj.net/Welcome/Featured-Newsletters.aspx>  or learn about
volunteer opportunities
<http://www.coj.net/Departments/Central-Operations/Human-Resources/Volunteer
-Services.aspx> .

*** Please note that under Florida's very broad public records law, email
communications to and from city officials are subject to public disclosure.
***