[THIN] Silverlight 5 on XenApp 5.0 windows 2003

  • From: "Holley, Mark" <Holley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:38:34 +0000

We finally have a Silverlight 5 application that I can publish in my farm.  I
was hoping someone in the list could point me in the right direction and answer
a few questions.

The App is provided by a web page and upon opening it asks if you want to run
the "web" version or the "local install".  Can I assume that this software runs
like the Adobe Flash component... whereas I install it on the server and then
let the user run the web page?

I ask because I tried it and I seem to have run into a permissions issue.  Does
anyone out there know what permissions I need change to get silverlight to work?

I will dig the permissions out but I was hoping for some feedback to make it
run quicker.

Publishing the web page works fine however it just isn't as slick looking.

Thanks,

Mark Holley
Systems Architect
City of Jacksonville
Holley@xxxxxxx<mailto:Holley@xxxxxxx>

________________________________

Connect with Mayor Brown and the City of Jacksonville!

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/cityofjacksonville> [Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/#!/cityofjax>  [YouTube]
<http://www.youtube.com/user/CityofJax?feature=mhee>  [Flickr]
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/34206377@N08/sets/>  [Blog]
<http://www.coj.net/Mayor/blog.aspx>

For general information, contact 630-CITY (2489)<http://630city.coj.net/>.

View our calendar<http://www.coj.net/All-of-COJ/Upcoming-Events.aspx>, sign up
for newsletters<http://www.coj.net/Welcome/Featured-Newsletters.aspx> or learn
about volunteer
opportunities<http://www.coj.net/Departments/Central-Operations/Human-Resources/Volunteer-Services.aspx>.

*** Please note that under Florida's very broad public records law, email
communications to and from city officials are subject to public disclosure. ***