[THIN] Re: Silently install Web Client via Web Interface

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:25:25 -0700

Ok,  I thought you wanted to automate the .msi installation...  As far as
IE7 goes,  you will have to modify the IE 7 security to allow it.  The
reason MS doesn't let you do it is the same reason MS doesn't let Spyware
automatically install its crap.  Security is a double-edge sword.

Joe

Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 06:37:58 -0700
From: joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This article is for the 10.2 client:
http://www.theshonkproject.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&;
Itemid=1

On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 4:44 AM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi

I have a Web Interface 4.2 server which has the V10 ICA MSI Client
configured for download when users click the link which works fine.  I was
wondering if there is a way to automate the MSI install so its silent as I
don't want any user intervention.  Can I simply put the /qb after the msi or
is there more to it?

When users install the Citrix Web Client and manually install it, IE7 blocks
the Active X control and shows the following:

The previous webpage might require the following add-on: 'Wfica' from Citrix
Systems Inc'. Click here to allow it to run...

Users then need to click this then select "Run Active X Control"

Users miss this and they have issues with the client.  Is there a switch as
part of the install which installs this by default?  By the way the client
installations are for workstations such as home PC's so I cannot deploy the
client from the office using tools such as SMS hence the above query.

Thanks

Angela

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre

http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F
career%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A
0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT******************