[THIN] Re: Shrinkwrapped boxes of Office 2003

  • From: John Elstone <jelstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:43:39 +0100

According to Microsoft; as long as you have enough licences for
connecting users and you have made adequate measures to ensure that
you don't go over the amount purchased then they are happy.

Though I have heard of some stories that the FAST (Federation Against
Software Theft) expect that every user connecting to the box must have
an office licence even though they might not use it or have access to
it (some rubbish about the users can access the registry hive so they
must have a licence).

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 10:35:21 +0200, Jan Homan <jan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Quick question: are you allowed to use these Office 2003 licenses on a
> Terminal Server/Citrix environment ?
>
> Meaning to say you have 50 of these boxes and you install one of them and 50
> users connecting
> to the Terminal/Citrix server can use Office 2003.
>
> Or do you need Office 2003 Open Licenses ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jan
This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register