[THIN] Re: Short question (Streched Cluster Support in W2K3 Enterprise Edition ?)

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 14:23:54 -0700

Yes.  It's called Majority Node Set Quorums Clustering.  Basically, you can
have two nodes within the cluster that are geographically separated, but
they would contain a local quorum, not a shared quorum, and each would
contain the data local to the node.  There are specific recovery steps if a
node failure were to occur.
Check out the Windows Server 2003 guides for Clustering.

(http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/0/6/d06e62fe-98e5-4e1f-96f4-1b28b1
68d7f0/ClusterQuorums.doc)
(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies
/clustering/default.mspx)

Links may wrap and are contained within the ()

Chris

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat

Starting at $199!