[THIN] Re: Shift key and WI/CSG

  • From: "Greg Reese" <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 01:51:49 +1200

try tweaking the keyboard settings in the ini file.  I have always had good
results on my CSG installations by making the low bandwidth ICA template the
default.  But I have latency issues.

On 11/3/06, Michael Pardee <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 No sir.

------------------------------
*From: *Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
*Date: *Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:01:06 +1200
*To: *<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject: *[THIN] Re: Shift key and WI/CSG

Are you getting a pop up about sticky keys?  I had similar trouble with
the CSG with local text echo turned on but the users got a sticky keys pop
up.

On 11/3/06, *Michael Pardee* <pardeemp.list@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tough one to describe, but I'll give it a shot.

We are about to go live with a new WI 4.2 / CSG (latest version) install
and everything is working great.  It front ends a PS4 Farm and a MFXP 1.xFarm.
Here's the issue...

If you connect to an application/desktop that is part of the XP 1.x Farm
(99% of our apps right now) and then use RDP from that XP 1.x desktop so
that you can access either a WindowsXP desktop or you just want to use RDP
to manage a server, there is a problem logging in (to the RDP session) if
your password has multiple capital letters.

We can reproduce this by just typing in the username field of the server
we are trying to RDP to.  Let's say I want to type the word PAssWOrd.  I
might get Password, or PassWOrd, etc.  The key seems to be that you cannot
just hold the shift key down to address multiple capital letters, you have
to let off the shift key and hit shift-letter to get the capitalization that
you want.

You can also try this by just holding down the shift key and a single
letter, like "s".  I get SSsssssssssssSSSsssSss, etc.

Anyone else see this?  If we come in to a PS4 desktop first, and then RDP
to something else we are fine.  We are also fine with our internal WI server
which is direct and does not use CSG.

This would lead me to believe it is a CSG issue.

Thanks in advance and I apologize for how confusing this is to read - you
should see what it took to write.

--

Michael Pardee
www.blindsquirrel.org