[THIN] Shadow permissions - error 5

  • From: "Gordon Olson" <golson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 06:05:20 -0800

I have created a shadow group and I cannot seem to get it to work short
of giving the users Admin. I get the error "Shadow Failed. Error code 5
(Error 5 - Access is denied)"

I found this posting on thethin.net: Does anyone know what she means by
"authorize shadow.exe"?

From: "Jen Madaffer"

I posted this a few days ago and got no response.  I ended up figuring
out
the problem, so I thought I'd post the answer, FWIW.  It turns out that
the
2 TS's it was failing on are the only 2 TS's with App Sec enabled.  App
sec
was generating that error message.  I had to authorize shadow.exe and
tdpipe.sys for it to work.