[THIN] Settings are not being saved

  • From: Mustafa Ibrahim <mustafa.ibrahim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:24:42 +0100

Hi all,

I am running a couple of Windows NT4.0 terminal servers with Citrix Meta
Frame 1.8. The servers have both latest SPs and hotfixes. They have standard
Office 2000 applications installes. The domain is standard Windows NT
domain. The PDC is a separate NT4 machine.  The Citrix users all use Roaming
profiles which reside on a Windows 2000 machine as a simple Profiles
directory which is shared with Everyone group granted RWX, Administrator
full control, systems full control, and terminal server user group RWXM.
Share permissions are set to everyone as you'd expect. I prefer to do it
this way, so I can just lockdown the NTFS permissions. Each user has Full
Control to his/her profiles folder

Also we have system policies applied to users to remove usual feature such
as access to control panel, run command, etc.

My problem is this: When users make changes they are discarded for no
apparent reason. The roaming profiles are not Mandatory. They are standard
romaing profiles. They were mandatory but we have changed them back recently
as a temporary measure so some of the users could make changes etc. However,
though the profiles are NOT .man, any changes made will be lost when the
user logs off. I have checked the policy, registry permissions, NTFS
permissions but to no avail. For instance, when a new user joins I would
just copy the template for that team and rename it and assign it relevant
details and off you go. All is well until I get to the point where I need to
change outlook/exchange settings. Changes just will NOT stick. Any ideas.
Help!

Thanks very much in advance.

Mustafa Ibrahim

PS: suspecting locally chached profiles on citrix servers being the culprit,
I actually rebooted both servers lastnight, disabled new logins and deleted
all locally chached profiles off the servers. But still the problem is
there.

This weeks sponsor New Moon Canaveral IQ
New Moon Canaveral IQ is an intelligent
alternative to Citrix® MetaFrame ? for
delivering and managing centrally-deployed
Windows-based applications
http://www.newmoon.com