[THIN] Re: Setting up Printing in Metaframe...

  • From: "Stephen Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 11:48:10 -0700

I think everyone would agree that "the best" way to print in Metaframe is to
use well behaved print drivers on the server and have no client printers
re-directed in any way. The problem historically has been controlling the
print drivers and going through all that is necessary to test them, validate
them and be sure that they do not cause any crashes or performance issues.

If you can accomplish this and all is stable go for it. If not, that is when
people turn to the Citrix UPD and then on to other tools, such as
ScrewDrivers, as needed.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing