[THIN] SessionID in in HKCU\Volatile Environment

  • From: chris.de.jongh@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 10:25:50 +0000

Hi,

I'm having an intersting question and I hope someone can help me.
As you can see below several user environment settings are created.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment]
"LOGONSERVER"="\\\\SBSADMIN01D"
"CLIENTNAME"="SBSADMIN-dadejongch"
"SESSIONNAME"="ICA-tcp#40"
"APPDATA"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\dadejongch\\Application Data"

Is there any way to add the current sessionID of the logged in user so it can
be referecned from the users environment (ex. %SESSIONID% in scripts).
I would like to have the following

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Volatile Environment]
"LOGONSERVER"="\\\\SBSADMIN01D"
"CLIENTNAME"="SBSADMIN-dadejongch"
"SESSIONNAME"="ICA-tcp#37"
"APPDATA"="C:\\Documents and Settings\\dadejongch\\Application Data"
"SESSIONID"="1"

SESSION must be the same ID number as viewed by qwinsta command in a dos box
see below

qwinsta
 SESSIONNAME       USERNAME                 ID  STATE   TYPE        DEVICE
 console                                     0  Conn    wdcon
 ica-tcp                                 65536  Listen  wdica
 rdp-tcp                                 65537  Listen  rdpwd
>ica-tcp#37        dadejongch                1  Active  wdica
                                             5  Idle
                                             3  Idle

I'm looking forward to get some feedback from the guru's.

Tnx

Chris

know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to
scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints &
how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more
servers. http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147