[THIN] Re: Session Sharing FAIL

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:27:48 +1000

The saga continues! Here is the progress we made yesterday1. Launch 1st app
2. Wait about 10 seconds after app appears on screen 3. Load second appSession
sharing works fine. Examine ICA files from %temp% and find the same session
sharing key hash in both.4. Wait for a while.
5. Launch 3rd app, opens in a new sessionInterestingly, even though the app was
clicked only once and only one instance of the app appeared, there were 2 ICA
files in %temp% both with the same date/time stamp and both containing
effectively the same data, although formatted quite differently (all of the
section headers in the ICA file were in a different order between the two
files).Either way, the session sharing key was completely different to the
first one (albeit the same between the two new ICA files). It seems that in WI
5.4 Citrix removed the ability to remove the hashing mechanism for the
SessionSharingKey so there is now no easy way to get the raw key anymore
:-/Anyone got ideas / Thoughts?
Thanks again!
 From: scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Session Sharing FAIL
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 05:34:36 +1000

Mr Webster,
You rock.
Thank you
James

From: webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 17:37:54 +0000

Take a look at

http://www.thomaskoetzing.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=313&Itemid=302&lang=en

Carl Webster
Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional
http://www.CarlWebster.com

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of James Scanlon

Subject: [THIN] Session Sharing FAIL

Hi List Legends,

I am hoping someone can point me where to look next.

We are having an issue with session sharing for Xen App 6.5 R01, on W2008 R2
x64.

Scenario

1) 1 server in the setup and in the load balancing (so its not a load balancing
issue)

2) seems to only happen when the end users UPN (using the SAM login= no
problems)

3) we run a multitenancy so the 'upn' use is imperative

4) we are using published apps only - NO desktop

5) all settings between the applications - audio, color depth and encryption
are the same)

6) if the access gteway option was ticked session sharing would fail everytime
- so its unticked at present on all published apps

More details:

I have tested by publishing apps direct to our single server (to eliminate any
load balancing policies) – with still the same result.

I can pretty consistently replicate the problem with just Outlook and IE,
however it occurs randomly with multiple applications

What I have noticed is that if I wait for the first application (Outlook) to
launch and establish a session, then launch other apps (IE) within say 1 minute
all session sharing works fine.

however if I launch the first app and let it establish a session then leave
only this app open for 5min or longer, then launch the second app it will
create a new session! Its as if after a session has been open for a while it
then no longer allows some newly
 launched applications to share its session.

We have of course installed R01 (as there was a session sharing issue on that)

We have looked through the session sharing troubleshooting on the Citrix
Website (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX159159)

Please please please if anyone has other suggestions or where to look next - it
would be MOST appreciated!

SCANJAM