[THIN] Re: Session Sharing FAIL

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 05:34:36 +1000

Mr Webster,You rock.Thank youJames
 From: webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Session Sharing FAIL
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 17:37:54 +0000

Take a look at

http://www.thomaskoetzing.de/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=313&Itemid=302&lang=en

Carl Webster
Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional
http://www.CarlWebster.com

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of James Scanlon

Subject: [THIN] Session Sharing FAIL

Hi List Legends,

I am hoping someone can point me where to look next.

We are having an issue with session sharing for Xen App 6.5 R01, on W2008 R2
x64.

Scenario

1) 1 server in the setup and in the load balancing (so its not a load balancing
issue)

2) seems to only happen when the end users UPN (using the SAM login= no
problems)

3) we run a multitenancy so the 'upn' use is imperative

4) we are using published apps only - NO desktop

5) all settings between the applications - audio, color depth and encryption
are the same)

6) if the access gteway option was ticked session sharing would fail everytime
- so its unticked at present on all published apps

More details:

I have tested by publishing apps direct to our single server (to eliminate any
load balancing policies) – with still the same result.

I can pretty consistently replicate the problem with just Outlook and IE,
however it occurs randomly with multiple applications

What I have noticed is that if I wait for the first application (Outlook) to
launch and establish a session, then launch other apps (IE) within say 1 minute
all session sharing works fine.

however if I launch the first app and let it establish a session then leave
only this app open for 5min or longer, then launch the second app it will
create a new session! Its as if after a session has been open for a while it
then no longer allows some newly
 launched applications to share its session.

We have of course installed R01 (as there was a session sharing issue on that)

We have looked through the session sharing troubleshooting on the Citrix
Website (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX159159)

Please please please if anyone has other suggestions or where to look next - it
would be MOST appreciated!

SCANJAM