[THIN] Session Sharing FAIL

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 02:25:48 +1000

Hi List Legends, I am hoping someone can point me where to look next.
We are having an issue with session sharing for Xen App 6.5 R01, on W2008 R2
x64. Scenario
1) 1 server in the setup and in the load balancing (so its not a load balancing
issue)
2) seems to only happen when the end users UPN (using the SAM login= no
problems)
3) we run a multitenancy so the 'upn' use is imperative
4) we are using published apps only - NO desktop
5) all settings between the applications - audio, color depth and encryption
are the same)
6) if the access gteway option was ticked session sharing would fail everytime
- so its unticked at present on all published apps
More details:
I have tested by publishing apps direct to our single server (to eliminate any
load balancing policies) – with still the same result. I can pretty
consistently replicate the problem with just Outlook and IE, however it occurs
randomly with multiple applications What I have noticed is that if I wait for
the first application (Outlook) to launch and establish a session, then launch
other apps (IE) within say 1 minute all session sharing works fine.
however if I launch the first app and let it establish a session then leave
only this app open for 5min or longer, then launch the second app it will
create a new session! Its as if after a session has been open for a while it
then no longer allows some newly launched applications to share its session.
We have of course installed R01 (as there was a session sharing issue on that)
We have looked through the session sharing troubleshooting on the Citrix
Website (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX159159)
Please please please if anyone has other suggestions or where to look next - it
would be MOST appreciated!SCANJAM