[THIN] Session ID's Resetting?

  • From: "Watson, Melissa L." <watsonme@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:32:03 -0500

We seem to be having a problem with session id's.  Today we put our first
W2K Citrix servers into production.  They are running W2K SP3 with MetaFrame
XPe FR2.  From the CMC and quser, we are seeing mismatched session id's, and
the session id's appear to be resetting.  For instance, a user's entry will
show SESSIONNAME:  ica-tcp#19 with an ID of 5.  The id's appear to be
resetting because I can see users logged on with session id's like 1, 4, 6,
and 9, but the next idle session id's will be 2, 7, and 10.  We have
installed the Citrix patches that mention this issue:  XE102W005 and
XE102W021.  Maybe someone has seen this?  We would greatly appreciate any
insights into fixing this problem.

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company

This Week's Sponsor: New Wyse(R) Expedian(TM)software maximizes your server
capacity--cost-effectively. Now you can dramatically increase the number of
users on a server by as much as 40%--and reduce the number of servers you have
to manage. By optimizing memory usage, Wyse Expedian software allows the
terminal server to support more applications and more concurrentusers. Download
your 30-day free trial today at:
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=US-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsletterEM