[THIN] Re: Session Down State

  • From: Pat Coughlin <strangedog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:56:47 -0500

Per MS, the issue indeed extends to both listeners, ICA and RDP.  There has
not been a security hotfix for Termsrv.dll for years.  A couple of
supporting components got hotfixed in March, but termsrv.dll was left out.
 Either of the two articles below fix the issue.  I use the newer one
(977629) as it has tested without issue and might keep me out of hot water
down the road.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977629
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958476

Here is the Citrix writeup: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133141
Here is Microsoft's writeup: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2653956

This is good info to keep on file for anyone dealing with Citrix/Terminal
Services on 2003.

Patrick Coughlin
CCIA, MCSE....