[THIN] Re: Session Down State

  • From: Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 12:45:50 -0000

Alan,

Makes sense to me.

I only ever experienced the issue in a full TS environment (well XenApp
actually). But it could happen either to RDP or ICA connections. Rarely
both at the same time – so you could be limping along with RDP broken and
ICA fine, or vice versa. In the event log there would be an error message
along the lines of an RDP (or ICA) component (a .dll) was
missing/corrupt/illegal – so the service was unavailable. There was a
suggestion in other KB articles that AV was modifying  the file in some way
and it should be excluded. This was not the case.

I found the only way to fix the problem was to rebuild up until I came
across the patch.

hth