[THIN] Services not starting in virtual machine

  • From: "Jeff Bolton" <Jeff.Bolton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 15:38:30 -0500

Hello list.... Been having a weird problem lately with our XenApp
servers.  Windows 2003 x86 running XenApp 5 (PS4.5), all running as
virtual machines on a Vmware platform.

Originally I thought the problem was related to our DR planning and
testing using Site Recovery Manager, but we had a SAN head failure last
night and when Vmware HA restarted the virtual machines, several
services are not starting automatically.

Consistently the Citrix IMA, Citrix SMA, SNMP and Task Scheduler
services aren't starting automatically, and randomly there are other
Citrix and core Windows services that won't start.  This occurs whenever
we trigger a DR test and last night the same problem occurred when the
filer head panic'd.  The problem does not occur if I do a controlled
restart or power off/power on of the machine.

Anyone seen anything like this before, or have an idea where I might
look to prevent this from occurring??

Cheers
        Jeff

---
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual
and/or entity identified in the address of this message. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible to
deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby requested not to
distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by return e-mail.  In this circumstance,
we request that you delete the original message from your system.