[THIN] Re: Servers gradually grind to a halt

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:11:11 -0400

Why not?  think of it this way, each server communicates (in a SQL, Oracle,
DB2 environment) directly to the datastore.  Each ZDC (if setup as I said)
communicates to the Datastore.  There is no requirement that a PS4 box must
be in the farm BUT you need to make sure that you are running the latest
patches on your older systems as well.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 9/26/06, Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ah, I understand what you're saying there - top tip.

But, my (badly phrased) point was that if you upgrade your DS (to PS4) you
can't go to a situation (like Angus appears to have) where you have *no* PS4
boxes at all.