[THIN] Server was not able to initialize the Client Management virtual driver

  • From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny.stapleton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:53:57 -0000

Heya all,

A friend of mine has an issue, he posted it up on the Citrix support
site:

http://support.citrix.com/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=75&threadID=72012

"Been having this problem lately with a few of the servers in the farm.
Basically when users log in they freeze for a few seconds on "Mapping
client drives", then it kicks them out and they have to try again and
hope for a different server.

The event it generates is -
source - cltmgr
event - 1000
desc - The server was not able to initialize the Client Management
virtual driver. (Error 7)

I have tried disabling all mapping entirely however the error still
occurs. It also doesn't do it everytime, maybe 1 in 3? The only thing
that has changed recently are that servers are now built from an image,
however some of these are working correctly without the error.

Any thoughts / idea's would be appreciated.

Server -
W2k3 SP1
PS4 + R01"

I have suggested re-installing the rollup hotfix, see if that changes
anything, or otherwise re-creating the ICA listener.

Essentially, this is my old farm, and this is the guy who has taken over
from me, I put him in there in the first place, so any help would be
much appreciated.

Thanks

Berny

The contents of this transmission are confidential. If you are not the
named addressee or if it has been addressed to you in error, please
notify the sender immediately and then delete this message.
Any unauthorised copying and transmission is forbidden. Electronic
transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure. If verification is
required, please contact the sender.