[THIN] Re: Server spec's

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 08:34:25 +1000

I agree that W2k8 and XenApp 5 was terrible and XA 6  is much more of a feature
rich and stable
platform. I'd suggest however that Citrix weren't quite ready for W2k8, hence
XA5 for 2k8 was not
even close to XA6. Remember Metaframe 1.8a for Windows 2000, when windows 2000
was just
released. An then very quickly, they came out with Metaframe XP.

For those wanting to dive into W2k8 R2 RDS and see what it's all about you can
download an ebook:

http://www.wowebook.com/networking/windows-server-2008-r2-remote-desktop-services-
resource-kit.html#more-7780

Or for those interested in powershell, virtualisation or other ebooks:

http://www.wowebook.com/ and goto the category OS.