[THIN] Re: Server spec's

  • From: "Webster" <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:29:54 -0500

Uh oh.  Joe's awake already.  So much for the extra beauty sleep.

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Joe Shonk
Subject: [THIN] Re: Server spec's

I agree with Carl on this.

So you'll go to Office 2010 but not latest on the OS?

I've performed many XenApp5/2008 migrations to XenApp5/2003 due to stability
and reliability issues.

No, I would not recommend mixing 2003 and 2008 XenApp Servers.

Server 2008 is Vista.  Vista was a nightmare and I personally hated it and
had many issues with it.

What's the issue with going XenApp6/Win2008 R2 SP1?

Win2008 R2 SP1 is pretty rock solid.  SP1 made quite a difference.

Joe

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Hamilton, Ronnie

Good to here that as it looks like my next two servers is going to be 2008
with office 2010 and XenApp5.

Have you mixed 2003 and 2008 in the same farm ?

I will be using two separate published desktops one for Office 2010 users
and the other for the rest.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Matt Kosht

OK Carl I'll bite. What is wrong with XA5/2008?  I run this now in
production.  I find it to be stable and performing well.

-Matt

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 8:03 AM, < <mailto:webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I personally think that XenApp 5 on Server 2008 is the ugly red-headed
step-child of the XenApp family tree.  My apologies to all you good
looking red-headed step-children on the list.

Webster