[THIN] Re: Server spec's

  • From: "Webster" <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 09:02:28 -0500

Sure, I have 4 farms running in my lab:  XA5/2003, XA5/2008, XA6 and XA6.5.
Web Interface is used to aggregate the first 3.  XA6.5 is more a look under
the hood thing I am doing for a customer right now.  Nice to get paid to
play with beta/tech preview software. J

Server 2003 is soon to be end-of-life isn't it?  Some customers have rules
in place where an EOL/EOM/EOS server OS cannot be used on new installs.  For
them I recommend XenApp 6 (which is what Joe Shonk recommends also).

Webster

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Hamilton, Ronnie
Subject: [THIN] Re: Server spec's

So what your saying is use server 2003 for my Office 2010 servers and buy
Enterprise licence rather than go server 2008.

And leave Server 2008 until I go XenApp6.

If I went XenApp6 for new Office 2010 users which is going to be minimal to
start with can I have the two farms running together ?