[THIN] Re: Server recommendations

  • From: "Jerry Spears" <jerry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 09:04:40 -0800

What level of raid do you recommend?

-----Original Message-----
From: Angus Macdonald [mailto:Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 8:58 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Server recommendations

We run a farm of Dual P3/800 machines with 2GB RAM each, running a
fairly
intensive patient admin app. Each server handles up to 40 users
concurrently
and we've yet to meet a performance problem. Your servers should be
fine.
I'd still go for a pair if I were you, for redundancy. Even a single
server
should manage what you want although IE isn't the most thin-client
friendly
app.