[THIN] Re: Server recommendations

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:55:06 -0000

The use of single drives was mainly down to our extremely cash-starved
environment but 9GB is more than adequate for us. All servers have MS
Office, NT4TSE, MF1.8 and our patient admin app on a 4GB partition with over
50% free. The rest is used to keep the pagefile seperate. The servers
require ECC memory and user profiles are stored on an external fileserver. A
few of the servers are running mirrored so that we can quickly generate a
replacement system drive if a single-drive machine fails. Spec the servers
for the job, that's my motto.

I personally would have no problem with deploying IDE machines in a sizeable
Citrix farm but 1U rack mount models are pretty rare ;-)