[THIN] Re: Server not showing up in Qfarm

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 12:15:23 -0500

We reboot every night for all the basic reasons. When we started doing
this on this environment we found that we had cases where the IMA
Service would not start up. This was most commonly resolved by
Recreating the LHC then re-starting the IMA Service. Since that was the
normal solution we decided to embed it in to the Reboot process.

Our Reboot process go as follows:

1. Disable logins 2 hours prior to reboot.
2. Send message periodically to any User sessions
3. Logoff any remaining sessions
4. Stop a handful of Services, including IMA
5. Execute the Dsmaint recreatlhc
6. Reboot

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 2/21/2006 12:04:04 PM >>>

The benefit is likely in the reboot itself, not necessarily the
creation
of the LHC.