[THIN] Server graphics card

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:55:22 -0700

We are trying to boost the performance of a poorly performing app (Flex
and Flash-based) and the most recent request has been to install a
better graphics card in the server to assist in the rendering.
Intuitively I know that it is not the graphics card that is doing the
rendering, but the multi-win GDI. Can someone point me in the right
direction regarding a KB or white paper or some other source that
definitively indicates that server graphics card has little to do with
the local client rendering? That would be awesome, and yes I already
know that Flex and Flash are bad ideas for MetaFrame but despite the
repeated warnings, the app was developed in them anyway.

Thanks!

rob