[THIN] Re: Server cloning problem with ghost?

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 18:16:03 -0700

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Chris Lynch
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 5:01 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Server cloning problem with ghost?

Ghost v7.5 can clone Dynamic Disks, but at a sector-by-sector image.  This
means no compression.  Let's say that you have a volume that is 10Gb and
it's a dynamic disk.  That means your image will be 10GB.  I don't know if
this has changed in v8.  I would check the online knowledgebase for Ghost.
There are quite a few docs on this subject there.

Chris