[THIN] Re: Server Times

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:31:29 +1300

I believe all domain clients (including servers, i.e. non-DC's) should
synchronize with a domain controller. It may be that they all synch with the
PDC emulator. On the PDC emulator (if not all the DC's), you'll want to
configure it to synch with a public, stratum-2 NTP server. Search for "ntp
server" and you should find a list. Sometimes the operator of the server
will want you to notify them by email that you're going to be synching with
their server. Some don't care.
  To set your DC to synch, open a dos box and type:

Net time /setsntp:server-you've-chosen-DNS-name-or-IP

  I think the DC will then synch periodically, but I set a scheduled task to
do it anyway. The scheduled task is just a CMD file with this as it's
contents:

W32tm -once

JD