[THIN] Re: Server Lockups -- Problem Solved?

  • From: DMelczer@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:02:57 -0400

Well, I'm extremely pleased to say that we've passed the critical point and
gone a complete cycle without a server lockup.

For those interested, or experiencing similar difficulties, I can say that
if the server is indeed fixed, then the fix was one of two things:

- Installing Service Pack 2
- Re-enabling the Paging Executive (THANK YOU ROB BEEKMANS!) -- change
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\ to
the following:

DisablePagingExecutive -- REG_DWORD:  Value 0x0

I'm going to continue to monitor and if problems arise again, I'll let
everyone know.

I just want to extend a very sincere "Thank You" to everyone who offered
suggestions.  This problem was almost impossibly difficult to troubleshoot
from the beginning, but the creative members of this list have come through
once again.  Other members may not be able to fully appreciate the value of
this list until they run into a difficult problem, but I can say that the
group here is the best I've ever been a part of.

Thank you to one and all for saving my job...especially Rob -- you're
definitely "da Man!" and I do owe you a beer...

-Dave Melczer
dmelczer@xxxxxxxx