[THIN] Re: Server Lockups -- Please Help

  • From: DMelczer@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:52:50 -0400

Thanks for the suggestion, Neil.  Unfortunately, I have already tried this
one...CPU goes from about 6% under a moderate load (20 users, full desktop)
and then stops updating and times out.  Nothing works except for "ping" and
mouse movements on the console.  I really mean nothing...can't do anything
on the console or in any sessions, can't access _anything_ remotely (net
shares, services, perfmon data, etc.)

Really weird.

Actually, I've been somewhat lucky today.  The servers haven't died yet
today (knock on wood).  7.5 hours and almost 5 hours on the uptime.  I'll
know for certain around the 9-12 hour mark.  That's when they usually die.
That appears to be the only consistency.

-Dave Melczer
dmelczer@xxxxxxxx