[THIN] Server Load Balancing/Cisco products

  • From: "Heather Axworthy" <heather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:34:42 -0400

Hello,

I am in the process of researching the Cisco IOS Server Load Balancing
products to direct client logins to a virtual IP for a group of terminal
servers.  We use W2K Terminal Services, no Citrix.

Does anyone use the Cisco products?  If so, what type of hardware do you
have to purchase?  Is the Cisco product working ok for you?  In the
white papers from Cisco, they discuss SLB with their Catalyst 6000
family of switches and the LocalDirectory 417 series.

Trying to get an idea of what we would need to purchase.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Heather Axworthy

________________________
Heather L. Axworthy
Network & Systems Administrator
Domain Home Fashions, Inc.
51 Morgan Drive
Norwood, MA 02062
(781) 769-9130 x310
(781) 769-3580
heather@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is intended solely
for the addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.