[THIN] Re: Server Cabinet Temperature

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:00:30 -0500

Depends on what temps your server vendor says are OK for "operating
environment". Cooler is always better, of course, down to about 65 F or
so (when you run the risk of condensation).

If possible, you might put a few U's between each server in the rack.
Although those servers are made so you can stack them without any
spacing, it won't hurt them to have a little "breathing room" if you can
manage it.