[THIN] Re: Serrvice ID Report Tool

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:13:38 -0700

Damn it.  Why did the code get stripped.

Here's the code again.

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer &
"\root\cimv2")
Set colServiceList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Select * from Win32_Service")
For Each objservice in colServiceList

    'Check to see if the service uses the local NETSVC account
    If objService.Startname = ".\netsvc" Then

          'If so, then we need to change the password
        errReturn = objService.Change( , , , , , , , "password")
    End If
Next

What directory service are you running (NT4, AD, etc.)?

Chris