[THIN] Seriously OT but you've never let me down

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:35:42 -0000

Right, I've finished crawling now.

We use Exchange 5.5 and some software I've written recently accesses
mailboxes on the server via POP3. It works nicely but if I change the login
account associated with the exchange mailbox, the POP3 login account doesn't
change to match. I have to recreate the mailbox to get a new POP3 login
account. I haven't been able to find anywhere to set the POP3 details
independently but maybe one of you good people is better at Exchange than I
am.

Before anyone asks, I'm using POP3 because some of my software runs as a
service and some is intended to limit multiple users access to a single
mailbox. For both these reasons MAPI isn't the best choice.

Regards
Angus