[THIN] Re: Separated Profiles

  • From: "Pfeifer, Bruce A MSER:EX" <Bruce.A.Pfeifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:46:14 -0700

What you could do is apply a system variable on the servers in the new =
farm
and use the variable within your roaming profile path. =20
When the user logs back into a server on the old farm they will receive =
an
error indicating roaming profile not available and will then only get =
the
local profile.=20

You have to set the variable on the servers in the new farm by editing =
the
registry, see Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - Q138083
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;Q138083)
Although the article was written for pre NT4 products the variable =
works for
NT4 and 2000 Terminal servers.

Bruce Pfeifer
Platform Infrastructure, Planning and Engineering
Common IT Services, Ministry of Management Services=20
Province of British Columbia
Phone:  250-387-6869, Fax:  250-356-1960=20
mailto:bruce.a.pfeifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.mser.gov.bc.ca