[THIN] Sending RM alerts

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:15:16 -0800

We recently developed a need to send Resource Manager alerts for
different metrics. We had not been doing this previously. I am looking
through the options available and it looks like sending MAPI alerts
through our Exchange 2003 Servers is the most likely candidate, but I
noticed some KB articles indicating issues with this using newer
versions of Outlook. I was wondering what the rest of you are doing for
alerts, if you are using the built-in service in RM or doing this
through other 3rd-party apps. Also wondering if the KB info on Outlook
issues is dated and no longer applicable. My environment is Windows 2003
Servers with MFXPe 1.0 FR3/SP4. Any insight would be greatly
appreciated.

Also, anyone using the full-blown Systrack software, and care to share
any thoughts? What about the MOM management packs for MF?

Thanks!

rob
24 Hour Fitness, Inc.