[THIN] Re: Semi-OT: Configuring a Server 2003 test bed

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:39:31 -0600

Just my best practice... BUT when I start out with a new OS and new test
domain I generally have them off the production wire and isolated. Once
I figure them out a little bit I may hook them into the prod network but
will keep them on their own VLAN or even separate them with only a
multi-homed transfer server between the two networks. (I sue the
transfer server to get files back and forth between the two.

This keeps any problems from happening and keeps people from blaming my
test environment for their problems.

Just my two cents

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect